Friday, February 24, 2023

The Awakening

 Welcome to the depths of The Hive Mind! 

In this blog I'll be covering the process to preparing for a big event, discussing my results both good and bad along with offering in detail analysis of some of my match ups both in tournament and practice games, how I plan to improve my own list and play style against some of the more common lists getting around at the time. As you all know this game changes rapidly and with 10th edition on the horizon I expect things to start getting pretty crazy, so I'll also be providing my own thoughts on where the meta is heading and how exactly we should consider approaching the changes. 

But before we get into the juicy stuff and talk about what it is I'm working on right now, a bit about myself. 
My name is Erik Lathouras, I've been playing 40k competitively for roughly 12 years now, out of those twelve years I spent many of those learning the game and trying to improve on my own skills and ability to read the meta, a background in competitive chess certainly has helped me there. In the past 7 years I've made some monumental achievements and some of those include; Cancon 2019 winner, Briscon Major winner, A three time Queensland master, 5/5 tournament wins at the Australia and New Zealand Team Championships playing for Team Queensland and as of recently Captain of the 2022 World Champions - Team Australia. Over the years I've played in countless events with consistent results and podiums but these are some that I am most proud of. 

I look forward to working with many of you throughout this tournament season and I hope you enjoy hearing about some of the innovative ways I come up with to tackle the meta with Forces of the Hive Mind, the first event on the menu is Gladiator Gaming Teams Event held on the 4th/5th of March here in Brisbane, QLD so stay tuned to see what I'm playing for this one and why! 

If you think you'll enjoy and benefit from this content please follow me on Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090609639176 ) or subscribe on Patreon for some extra perks! patreon.com/TheAlienMajesty



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Swarm is Here!

 Over the next week I will be talking about my thoughts and ideas on all the new Tyranid detachments that have come out in the new codex! Yo...